Friday, September 7, 2007

23rd Thing: Looking far ahead...


I didn't think that I would finally reach this point, but I'm done!

I'm really proud of myself that I actually completed this program, albeit a little later than planned. ;-) I must say that doing this program in league with my coworkers really helped propel me to reach the finish line and stay on target. Being able to reassure myself of how I was doing by taking a peak at other individual's blogs was a great boost as well. I'm looking forward to going back and reading everyone's blog now that the program has ended.

I've always felt as though my knowledge of technology falls comfortably between novice and hypergeek, and that while I'm naive about some more advanced forms of technology, I've always been able to get a handle on situations that arise at home and at work. And thanks to 23 Things, I feel confident that my knowledge has been brought forward to the present. Web 2.0 technologies are incredibly exciting, and I look forward to seeing them increasingly applied in the library world. Plus, doing this program collectively means that our entire system is aware of these technologies as well, so that should make it easier to bring about change.

I hope to keep posting, so stay tuned...

2 comments:

James said...

hey robyn, congrats on finishing the 23 things!

i really enjoyed some of your ideas--like allowing teens to tag that entire collection as an example to staff/public what that would look like and how beneficial it might be.

thanks for participating in the 23 things!!!

Robyn said...

Thanks, James! I really appreciate it!