Friday, September 7, 2007

Podcasting


First, I have to say that my ALL-TIME favorite podcast is the Ricky Gervais Show...you can check it out on iTunes, or go to www.rickygervais.com for more info. Go check it out! Seriously. You will laugh for hours!

Phew! Got that out of the way!

I really enjoy listening to podcasts. It's like NPR 24/7 on your computer. And searching for podcasts under the keyword 'library' via Podcast.net was really interesting. I listened to a mother goose storytime that was posted by Sunnyvale Public Library, and a discussion on boy book clubs by a teen volunteer from the Hennepin County Library. Listening to podcasts produced by other librarians is a great way to get a feel of what other systems are doing.

I love the layout of the Denver Public Library Podcasts. No one has commented to any of the posts, however, so I wonder if the public has had much response to this digital service.

P.S. James Kelly, Julie Tobiason and myself did a wicked cool podcast at the MLA Conference in May. I cannot find it for the life of me....will post it if it is ever discovered.

No comments: