Friday, September 7, 2007

And the winners are...Web 2.0 Awards


I can't wait to explore these Web 2.0 sites. It's interesting to note that some of the sites that I already use are actually 2nd or 3rd place in the rankings; it will be fun to check out those first place winners!

I checked out iContact, which allows businesses, non-profit organizations, and associations to easily create, publish, and track email newsletters, surveys, blogs, autoresponders, and RSS feeds. I thought that it would be a great idea to send Bookends out to our patrons as an email newsletter. Programs requiring registration could be hyperlinked to Evanced. You can also email surveys to contacts and easily illustrate the results as a graph. Cool!

This might also be a great way to alert our patrons about program cancellations. I know that a few moms would appreciate that!

No comments: